If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lacuna Coil - "Dark Adrenaline" Review





I write this review as I'm listening to the new album "Dark Adrenaline" which officially comes out on January 24, 2012. To caution readers, this is my first Lacuna Coil album so technically speaking I am a Lacuna Coil Virgin. I have heard bits and pieces of a few Lacuna Coil songs here and there but nothing in it's entirety like I am currently doing. Lacuna Coil, for those who don't know who they are, are an Italian Goth Metal Band from Milan that was formed in 1994. The band features 4 guys that provide the music,  Cristiano "Pizza" Migliore - guitar, Marco "Maus" Biazzi - guitar, Marco Coti Zelati , bass guitar, keyboards, primary composer, Cristiano "Criz" Mozzati - drums, percussion, one guy on vocals, Andrea Ferro, and one really hot and sexy lady, Cristina Scabbia, on vocals as well as being the primary lyricist. Lacuna Coil has dabbled into alternative metal as well with their last release "Shallow Life". There soon to be released album "Dark Adrenaline" is more Goth Metal but does imploy some of the Alternative Metal. 


So I just finished up listening to the new album and I have to say, I am very impressed. Especially with the cover of REM's "Losing My Religion". I really dig the fresh take on the song and love the vocals of Cristina Scabbia. The song features a heavier sound from the guitars and employs a more gothic sound while retaining that original alternative sound. It also reworks a little of the piano part. I have also been enjoying the first single off the album, "Trip The Darkness". Which starts out with and features primarily Andrea Ferro on vocals and Cristina Scabbia comes in primarily for the chorus parts. Think "Bring me to life" by Evanescence and thats along the lines of "Trip The Darkness". Another great song off the album and probably my favorite track is "End of Time". It's a slower, more soulful song but which perfectly showcases Cristina's beautiful vocals. However, its more uptempo than say "My Immortal" by Evanescence but still very well done! "Kill The Light" is another great song that starts off semi slow and then really rocks out in the chorus.

There is plenty of more great songs on this album and there is definitely a favorite for everyone. If you wanna check out something new that you haven't listened to yet or a fan of metal or simply a fan of Lacuna Coil, you will definitely want to check out "Dark Adrenaline". Guaranteed to not disappoint and quite possibly one of the best metal albums and albums in general of 2012!



Favorite Tracks: "Trip The Darkness", "End of Time", "Kill The Light", "Give Me Something More", "Losing My Religion (REM cover)"


No comments:

Post a Comment