If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Guitar World Interview: Slash - 1992

GuitarWorld.com - Slash talks guitars and G N' R
I thought I'd share this really cool article I found on www.guitarworld.com. It's titled "Slash Talks Guitars and Guns N' Roses in 1992 Guitar World Interivew". I particularly liked this article not only cause it's Slash but because of what he has to say in it. One point I wanted to mention that Slash talks about in the article is about the way he plays guitar. Slash is very open and candid about how he plays. The way he talks about his own playing (such as the fact that he can't play slide guitar to save his life) and what we see not only on albums he makes but in live shows seem to be two different Slash's. I love the fact that he is willing to admit he can't do this or do that or just won't do this or that when playing the guitar and yet he is still one of the most respected guitarists. In my experience, in these modern times, I have found that most musicians won't tell you they can't play this or that and in a band they expect you to be able to do it all (in a sense). If you can't do a (not so) simple thing such as reading music, most bands don't want you. Musicians have just gotten so snobby nowadays and its great to see one musician that hasn't become snobby.

Anyways, here is the article for your enjoyment. Click the picture or the picture caption to take you to the Guitar World article.

No comments:

Post a Comment