If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Late Review: George Strait "Here For A Good Time"








I thought I would start out this week with a late review of George Straits new album "Here For A Good Time". I decided to do this after all before I dig into the new releases coming out tomorrow Nov. 1.

The king of country is back with a new album and he comes out of the gate swinging! And that's a Texas size swing! Country swing of course! In the past decade George has released 7 studio albums including his new release "Here For A Good Time". I must admit, I have yet to listen to his last release "Twang". But I have listened to the other 6 albums and I have to say, George has never made a bad album. He is a rare artist in that he sticks to his sound and continues to deliver great country music album after album. There isn't a single person that can have anything bad to say about his albums. Unless of course you just hate country music altogether. George Strait's albums may not get huge promotions anymore or really get the attention they deserve and honestly if your not a fan of country music or a fan of George Strait, You're likely to hear about Miranda Lambert, Lady Antabellum, Carrie Underwood and newer more modern country artists albums before you'll hear about George Stait's new albums and thats if you hear about it at all. But make no mistake, his albums are completely worthy of huge promotion and attention!

In his latest album, George Strait writes his trademark upbeat swingin' songs with "Here For A Good Time" and "Love's Gonna Make It Alright" and even some classic slow tunes with "House Across The Bay" and "Dinkin' Man". George Also does a duet with Gary Allen on "A Showman's Life". He even wrote a song for his fans called "I'll Always Remember You" in which midway through the song he talks to his fans saying
"When I first set out on the road,
I figured I had maybe 5 good years to sing my songs for you folks.
Well, it's goin on 30 now
And I still love it just as much as I ever did.
When I hear that announcer say my name,
And I walk through those curtains
And see your smilin' faces,
My feet don't touch the ground again
Til I walk out and get back on that bus that got me here.
I don't know how many more years I've got left to do this,
But I figure a few.
I do want you to know, though,
That when I do walk off this stage for the last time,
And I'm all settled in, away from all this,
You won't be far away.
I'll still hear your screams and cheers in my mind.
And I'll always remember you".



A very moving song for the fans of this longtime country music artist. It's real nice to hear George give back to his fans in a song. George makes his fans feel very appreciated for supporting him throughout his 30 plus year career. If you listen to just one country album this year make it George Strait's "Here for a good time." This 50 plus number one artist has yet to fade into the sunset and when he does his music will live on for generations to come. No one will ever get tired of George Strait. He truly is the king of country music and "Here For A Good Time" proves just that! 


Favorite tracks: "Love's Gonna Make It Alright", "Here For A Good Time", "House Across The Bay", "I'll Always Remember You"







No comments:

Post a Comment