If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Top 10 albums of 2011 and honorable mentions!

I was reading Roadrunner Records top 10 albums of 2011 Roadrunner Records top 10 2011 and it's basically a bunch of people who work for Roadrunner Records and their top 10 albums of 2011. I was noticing how much crap was actually on most of the lists. Most of the list comprised of bands or artists I have never ever heard of in my life. Small time acts that are pretty much really only known overseas. Also some of the lists mention really horrible albums like Korn's new album and Nickelback's new album. Also I noticed that for the first 2 pages some of the best albums of 2011 like Anthrax's new album and Megadeth's new album and Machine head's new album aren't even mentioned. So disgusted was I that I decided to put up a real top 10 list on my NU-MB Blog. I also decided that since there is sooo much good music in 2011 I would do some honorable mentions that easily fit into the top 20. I would love to see people comment on my list and put up your own list! I wanna see what you all think is the top 10 albums of 2011! Even honorable mentions should be mentioned!

10. Evanescence - Evanescence
9.  Five Finger Death Punch - American Capitalist

8. Jane's Addiction - The Great Escape Artist
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You
6. Black Country Communion - 2
5. Mastodon - The Hunter
4. Megadeth - Thirt3en 
3. Anthrax - Worship Music
2.  Lady Gaga - Born This Way


1.    Machine Head - Unto The Locust
                                                      You may ask "Why Machine Head for #1?" Well it's simple, while they                                                       may not be commercially popular like Lady Gaga, Five Finger Death                                                        Punch, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Megadeth, Jane's Addiction, or                                                                  Evanescence, Their new album "Unto The Locust" is near perfect in                                                          terms of a metal album. This is what every metal fan wants to hear and
                                                      it's what every metal band strives to make when 
making an album. I
                                                      just don't think you can
 get more perfect than this at least for a metal
                                                      album. While the albums of the other artists on the top te
n list and                                                               honorable mentions below were really good, no other artist this year                                                           hit a near perfect for their genre, even including Lady Gaga. I also                                                               chose this album for the reason that I want to see metal and
                                                      hard 
rock bands get more attention in the mainstream popular music.
                                                      I want 
to see them recognized for their good music. 


Honorable mentions: Albums that well, I feel should be mentioned and some could be in the top 10 (at least on someone's list) or at least in the top 20 But I just couldn't fit it into my list.


1. Bush - The Sea of Memories
2. Miranda Lambert - Four The Record
3. Gorillaz - The Fall

4. James Blunt - Some Kind of Trouble
5. Primus - Green Naugahyde

6. George Strait - Here For a Good Time
7. Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever

8. Trivium - In Waves
9. Disturbed - The Lost Children

No comments:

Post a Comment