If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Nickelback - "Here and Now" Review





Nickelback releases there seventh album "Here and Now". If you're expecting to hear classic Nickelback songs such as "Photograph", "How You Remind Me", "Rockstar", "Figured You Out", "If Everyone Cared", "Gotta Be Somebody", ect. then you might as well just pick up their previous albums or download the classic songs and make your own "Best of" playlist. Nickelback fell short of producing any of the classic catchy tunes and ballads on "Here and Now". I ended up just skimming each song and moving on. There was only two songs that I liked, "Lullaby" and "Trying Not To Love You". But neither song was in that classic Nickelback form. I was disappointed in this album for not having anything that was catchy that makes you rock out to it or a classic ballad like "Photograph." I started looking up their previous albums on wikipedia and looked at the reviews for all of Nickelbacks albums and most of the reviews were negative. Most of the critics seems to think that Nickelback sucks and pose the question of, "how did they become big in the first place?" I however, do not see Nickelback in the same way. I consider myself a fan of Nickelback and love their music. I have also seen many other people who are fans of Nickelback. But I think those fans who listen to "Here and Now" are gonna start to wonder if they can continue to write the classic hits or if there time is done, at least for awhile anyways. Or maybe they just hit a rut in their writting as many bands do and often end up creating one bad album or two. Or perhaps Nickelback is trying to go in a different direction and experiment with their music. Whatever the case, "Here and Now" doesn't live up to it's expectations and if you really want this album, go download it for free around the internet. You'll be glad you didn't waste your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment