If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Red Hot Chili Peppers - "I'm With You" Review



From My Facebook page 10/15/11: 
New song "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" & New album "I'm With You" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and Gotta say, I really like this song as well as the album! BUT, yes, BUT, Their new album sounds like they are trying to do what No Doubt did with there Rock Steady album. Go in a funky discoesque style and direction and they leave their roots down at the junkyard. This sounds nothing like old school RHCP as it is slower songs and not the fast funky punk stuff we know from Flea and RHCP. It's kinda disappointing but yet it's catchy and I'm hooked on the album! Yes I know it came out in August and I'm a tad late on listening to it. Oh well you'll get over it!

Favorite tracks: "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie", "Monarchy of Roses", "Ethiopia"

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment