If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Machine Head - "Unto The Locust" Review






Side note before the review: I've never really listened to Machine Head before this album. I did however see them in concert on the Mayhem Festival Tour 2008 and they were awesome! One of the best shows that night! However, I knew none of their songs but it was still awesome! So my review comes from being sort of an outsider hearing their music really for the first time and being very pleased with the new album!



Now onto the review: Machine Head's new album "Unto The Locust"  is perfect in terms of a metal album and honestly this album makes me wonder why I never listened to them before. I don't know about their previous works but this album sounds a lot like Trivium or rather Trivium sounds a lot like Machine Head. Which is a good thing as I love Trivium. Nonetheless, I will be checking out some of their earlier works and play catch-up in the world of Machine Head! I will say this, I don't think Machine Head really gets the promotion it should from Roadrunner Records. They are kinda like Roadrunner's underground band cause Machine Head rarely gets mentioned in mainstream music or played on mainstream radio. However, they do play at mainstream festivals and shows and that's really where they get their promotion but it's to a limited audience of those who attend the shows.

If you're into metal music, then I would highly recommend checking this album out! It is easily one of the best if not THE best metal album of 2011! Machine Head is a powerful force in the world of metal music. So emerse yourself into what is "Unto The Locust". You won't be disappointed!


Favorite tracks: "Be Still And Know", "Locust", "Who We Are".




No comments:

Post a Comment