If anyone wants a new album or new band reviewed please let me know and I will review it!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Nu music of 2011

I started listening to some new albums that have come out recently and posted some albums reviews via my Facebook page and some of my friends commented on them and those comments got me to wondering about the best albums of 2011, up coming albums that I'm looking forward too and even a couple albums I thought were insterestingly weird enough to see that deserved mention so I posted this to my Facebook page on 10/16/11 and am now reposting via my blog I decided to start:
"Listening to a few new albums that have come out. Loving all this new music right now! Does anybody have a favorite album of 2011? What would be your top 5 albums so far of 2011? Any notable mentions outside the top 5? What album releases are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?"

I also posted a comment with my answers (Any additions or revisions to my comments are posted in blue):

My top 5 albums so far for 2011 are:
1. Born This way - Lady Gaga
2. I'm With You - Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. The Hunter - Mastodon
4. American Capitalist - Five Finger Death Punch
5. Evanescence - Evanescence

Notable albums to mention that fall outside the top 5 (In no particular order):
1. Night Of Hunters - Tori Amos
2. Welcome 2 My Nightmare - Alice Cooper
3. In Waves - Trivium
4. Nothing But The Beat - David Guetta
5. Here For A Good Time - George Strait
6. Green Naugahyde - Primus
7. Paper Airplane - Alison Krauss
8. This Is Gonna Hurt - SIXX A.M.
9. The Fall - Gorillaz
10. Alpocalypse - "Weird Al" Yankovic (Wird Al always deserves mention. he's just that cool)
11. Stronger - Sara Evans
12. Unto The Locust - Machine Head

A couple albums I noticed on the List of albums released in 2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_albums_released_in_2011) That deserve mention for being interestingly weird to see:
1. WTF - Vanilla Ice - Really?!?! the Ice is back?!?! Do we really need to see him again. On the plus side he does a song with I.C.P. so that could be a good thing. Yeah right!
2. Gold Cobra - Limp Bizkit - Yes Limp Bizkit is back. I know, they will yet again take the heat for as Zakk Wylde says during the live version of the song "Superterrorizer", "Limp Bizkit still sucks dick". I didn't put this in the notable Albums list because well after all who cares about Bizkit anymore. On the plus side the original guitarist Wes Borland is back in the lineup! So The Bizkit looks to be getting back on track. After Wes left, Limp Bizkit went out of style. I will have to take a listen to the new album and may revise my notable albums list but I'm not holding my breath and I didn't even really hear any promotion for Limp Bizkit coming back so apparently looks like the album isn't all that. I had to actually look up Limp Bizkit on the wiki to see what the hell happened to them and found out about the new album otherwise I would have never known! Great job making a comeback Fred!

Upcoming albums I'm looking forward to:
1. Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
2. The Great Escape Artist - Jane's Addiction
3. Here and Now - Nickelback
4. Four the Record - Miranda Lambert
5. Lulu - Lou Reed and Metallica
6. TH1RT3EN - Megadeth
7. The Lost Children - Disturbed
8 Untitled - Van Halen (slated for release in 2011 and according to wikipedia apparently has been recorded but no official announcement on title or release date.)
9. Untitled - No Doubt (Possible fall 2011 release or 2012 according to wikipedia)
10. Untitled - Rage Against The Machine (According to Wikipedia, de la Rocha said a new album is in the works for a possible 2011 release. Morello later said no new album is being done and their not even writting songs or doing any kind of work on an album. So one can be hopeful that RATM is really working on a surprise album!)
11. Born and Raised - John Mayer (Wikipedia - originally slated for october 2011 release, Mayer developed granulomas in his throat near his vocal cords and the album is being delayed and Mayer expects it out early 2012)

Sorry not looking forward to the new Korn album. In recent years they have continued there trend towards a more electronic sound (Dubstep) or as fans call it "Dub Metal" and I just can't get into it. They have just strayed from there classic nu-metal sound and its rather irritating. Even tho they still can put on the best metal concert on earth!

There ya have it.. my picks for 2011 music! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment